Celebrate Recovery Online: As we all deal with our hurts, habits, and hung-ups especially during the CoronaVirus pandemic, know we are here for you. Please if you need someone to talk to call 570-537-4752, we are always here to support one another.
Join us Thursday evenings at Click here to Join our Group from 6:30 pm-9:00 pm.
We encourage our families to continue to practice social distancing and please be safe, we are praying for you all.
Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered, 12-step program based on the 8 principles in the Beatitudes to help us with our hurts, habits or hang-ups.
A hurt, habit, or hang-up is something that hinders our walk with God.
The feeling of being HURT is an emotional reaction to another person’s behavior or to a disturbing situation (abuse, abandonment, codependency, divorce, relationship issues, etc.). A HABIT is an addiction to someone or something (alcoholism, drugs, food, gambling, sex, shopping, smoking, etc.). HANG-UPS are negative mental attitudes that are used to cope with people or adversity (anger, depression, fear, unforgiveness, etc.).
These life problems can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones. Healing is available through applying the principles of a Bible based recovery process to our lives.
Six reasons why Celebrate Recovery is unique to other recovery Programs
- Celebrate Recovery is based on God’s Word, the Bible.
- Celebrate Recovery emphasizes spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Celebrate Recovery is forward looking.
- Celebrate Recovery emphasizes personal responsibility in order to grow spiritually and emotionally.
- Celebrate Recovery addresses all types of hurts, habits, and hang-ups.
Things Celebrate Recovery Is:
- A refuge
- A place of belonging
- A place to experience God’s Love
- A place to care for others and be cared for
- A place where respect is given to each member
- A place confidentiality is highly regarded
- A place that is loving & non-judgmental
- A place to demonstrate genuine love
- A place to grow and become strong again
- A place for progress
- A safe place where you can take off your mask and allow others to know you
Celebrate Recovery meets every Thursday from 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Contact Pastor Dana or Pastor Lynda at (570) 421-0750 for more information.